A while ago, back when I was a little less neglectful, Kelee Morris (https://keleemorris.wordpress.com/ – not good with hyperlinks, sorry) nominated this little blog of mine for the Liebster Award.
She asked first, and I said yes, and then forgot about it. I’ve been having an otherwise busy month, which is no excuse I know, but you know how life goes. There’s been a certain amount of book-recovery from my childhood bedroom, which means I’ve been rereading books. Reacquainting myself with old friends. Some are books I haven’t read in at least a decade. Others are ones I bought to complete a set but never read for one reason or another. A feeling that perhaps I’d grown out of them, maybe. If that was it, well, now I feel like I’ve grown back into them.
Anyway, the Liebster award is a way of sharing the love for new or small blogs, those with a readership of under 200. It involves nominating other blogs to answer about a dozen questions. I’m not so good with the whole nominating other blogs thing, so I’m just going to say – if the above criteria applies to you, and you feel like answering some questions, I’ll list some below and you can give it a go, too. Just tag me back so I can see your answers 🙂
So. My questions from Kelee.
- Why did you start your blog?
I like to write and I thought writing a blog would help me to organise my thoughts. I also like to read and to talk about books, but haven’t yet found a suitable book-club.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose? I shall presume money isn’t a factor, so – depends on my mood. Some days I’d like to be in a big city, others out on the moors miles from anyone or anywhere.
- Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter?
I tend to think of the year in terms of Summer or Winter, anyway. I’m mostly a sunshine-person, but I do like a nice fire when it’s cold outside.
- What are you passionate about? Books and stories and words.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I like me as I am. Unless more books counts? Can never have too many books.
- Who are your favorite authors?
Check out my About page – Georgette Heyer and Dorothy L. Sayers. But there are many, many books, series and authors whom I adore and wish I had even half of their talent.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers? Write, and read. Lots of both. As they say, practise makes perfect.
- Cats or dogs?
Cats. Always cats. Every single time. But I would like a hound – a wolfhound or an Afghan (Prince What-a-Mess was a favourite book when I was little). Something like that.
- If you could go back in time and mentor your sixteen-year-old self, what would you tell her?
Don’t forget to save your work.
- Where would you like to be five years from now?
Happy. I’m happy now, I don’t want that to change. How I’ll be happy, I don’t know. But I want to be happy.
- What’s under your bed?
Holdalls and suitcases that don’t fit anywhere else, to provide happy homes for spiders.
My questions for anyone who wants a go:
- Why did you start your blog?
- Who is (are) your favourite author(s)?
- Which book would you take with you to a deserted island?
- What’s your favourite sort of music?
- Which fictional world would you live in (as you), if you could?
- Which fictional character would you like to be?
- Dessert or Cheese?
- Cats or Dogs?
- How do you procrastinate?
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever heard?
- What’s your favourite colour?